1. Taxing Marcellis Shale would be detrimental. You get income tax paid on the profits of the company, the royalties of the landowner, the income tax on all the workers and the profits and income of workers in companies that service the gas developers. Pa should not make doing business with PA harder. 2, Stop paper flow through state agencies. There is email, transfer of files by CDs. Example Corrections and Parole. Corrections copies multiple packets on each inmate being paroled. Give them a disc with all the info and file the disc.
2. Reduce spending to match income. Downsize the legislature, consolidate agencies, sell under used state properties and reduce state auto fleet. Consolidate local government to the county level. Expedite permitting of alternative energy developments especially on state land and waterways. Pursue power generation on all locks, dams and through flow in all rivers with private industry partnerships. Eliminate property taxes by increasing sales tax, taxing services (accounting, legal, medical) and all but basic clothes. Tax cigars, smokeless tobacco. Tax gas production at same level as Texas.
3. Do whatever we can to encourage PA Agriculture to flourish. As our state’s biggest industry, it has the potential to provide countless jobs and in turn, provide money to all of the services that compliment both big and small farmers. If farmers are making money they will spend it to upgrade operations, buy better equipment, purchase more land, and provide more taxpaying jobs (not just on the farm). This will ensure PA’s place and future in a global market and all the while producing much needed tax revenue. The effects will be felt almost imediately.
4. Offer “30 and out” to teachers and other state employees.
5. If they would get rid of the system of Seniority based and make it performance based, and get rid of all of the worthless, incompetent, lazy state workers in the agencies, instead of making the good, hard working state workers suffer. It would allow for removal of wasteful spending via the salaries and benefits wasted and paid out to the Incompetent, worthless, lazy state workers all across this Commonwealth. More physical bodies in any given agency does not mean better quality of work in agencies. Why pay 10 workers when only 5 actually do any work.
6. I suggest that you start making it a law that all those on Welfare pay sales taxes or those who are on SSI; such as Mental Health, etc. They can buy a two liter of soda and not have to pay taxes on it. Also, all residents; whether on Welfare or not, should be made to pay city tax, school tax, etc like other residents. It is time they pay for these things; due to the fact that they have children in school and they also have the use of other city facilities.
7. Take a 6 month average of hours worked by private sector employees and make that the number of hours state workers are permitted to work for the next 6 months.
8. Isn’t it time that all state retiries start paying something for their health care like the rest of us taxpayers.
9. Channel funds from the State Lottery to help defray costs associated with funding our public schools. This would reduce expenditures for the state and reduce taxes that individual taxpayers must pay each year.
10. Eliminate Pre K Counts, Head Start Supplemental and Keystone Stars These programs are not cost effective. Wasted $$$$. Give more money to subsidized childcare so parents can continue to work.
11. How about a formulary for the food stamp program? They should be limited to necessities, why should we continue to provide them with soda and candy and mto’s?? They should have to work to enjoy the frivolous things, we do!!!!
12. We could raise our beer tax from the rate established in 1947 of 8 cents per gallon to the national average of 25 cents per gallon. This simple measure would raise millions in tax dollars annually and at least hte rate would not be higher than the national average. Our current beer tax is just shy of 1/3 of the national average and almost 1/5 of the highest in the country.
13. Our senators and representatives should receive a salary based on the average income of their district. Also, eliminate their perks such as vehicles, homes and meals used for “business”. They are supposed to be working for us. We cannot live beyond our means. They shouldn’t either.
14. Close the Governor’s manson… that would save over a million dollars each year!
15. Reduce the House of Representative and the Senate to 30 days in Session in the Spring, 30 days in Session in the Fall, to Minimize mischief ( which promotes bored Representative to introduce tens of thousands of useless Resolutions such as “Postage stamp week in PA” . )
16. Several suggestions…1) revise tax collection dept. to collect ALL back taxes now! No more amnesty programs. 2) have all depts. review their manpower needs & weed out all those that aren’t productive. Tell the unions their going to participate in this so that no one can come back & say they didn’t have a say in this matter. Gov’t has to be streamlined! 3) Have a hiring freeze & hold all raises to none in 2011 & no more than 1.5% for the next 5 years. 4) Hold all increases in the budget to none this year & no more than cost of living for the next 5 years. Like these bankruptcy is not popular.
17. Higher personal contribution rates for public employee retirement benefits and pension cram-down.
18. Put a tax on food and clothing. Raise the 6% to 7% and also the present cost of a registration sticker for our cars is only $36. A raise of even $4 would bring in more revenue. I believe in the ‘sin taxes’. If consumers have money to gamble with, they certainly have enough to buy food and shelter for their families. Take away the Gov cars and let the legislators buy their own and pay for gas, oil, tires and upkeep the same way we do. They can get a rental when needed at Hertz or Avis with their own AAA card.
19. Make all alcohol illegal! When you are driving a car smoking a cigarette you are not likely to wreck. Drunk driving will cause more deaths then tobacco use. There is no reason that we should tax tobacco products and not alcohol! be fair to everyone! Don’t tax smokers alone, the constitution states that you cannot tax ONE group of people, which has already been approved.(smokers)
20. Why not take everything from the middle class and give EVERYTHING we have to the poor people who do not work. It appears thats where we are going anyway. I have a difficult time understanding why NOW you need help with the budget when you had no trouble putting us in this mess. Now you want our opinion when noone asked when you spent our money. I throught that is why we elected people. Out of control!
21. You should have a state income tax on lottery winnings of $50,000 and greater. Federal tax is paid so why not State Tax.
22. Pa. should take an EASY look into ALL of the state jobs to if fact see how many are secretaries to the secretaries, secretary and eliminate them just like the private industries do. Pa should also mandate that all State employees must contibute at least 25% of the cost of health insurance from payroll deductions with at least a $1000.00 deductible. The highway roadwork should be farmed out to independent contractors as well as snow removal etc. (eliminate penndot). This would save big time as the independent contractors would create new jobs and would be resposible for their own employees.
23. Require that psychologists and physicians not have any affiliation with agencies providing mental health services such as wrap around to the child. Often children are evaluated requiring wrap around services then the family gets cash from SSI and welfare while the agency gets payments from the State for the child to recieve wrap around and other services which can drag out for years.
24. Get rid of PENNDOT and source out the work to LOCAL contractors. That would take the workers off the PA outrageous benefit package, retirement, and salarys that are KILLING PA! It would add jobs to the private sector and your beloved tax base!
25. Stop giving municpalities with out police forces the money from state police tickets and fines. give that money back to the state police who earned it. 40% of the prisoners in state prisons are from Philadelphia but Philly only makes up 12% of the state population. Make Philly pay more for their prisoners.
26. Cut the Wrap Around program. Some kids have a bachelors degree therapist going to school with them for 12 years. If wrap around has not changed the child’s behavior in 6 years something else must be done. Further restrict the parents ability to change agenies and therapists. They are not paying so some who change therapists every few months are just hurting treatment and wasting money. I have seen parents fire 6 therapists in 3 months because the therapists would not do what the family wanted.
27. If they put a 25 cent tax on every 6 pack of beer that was sold in pa, wouldn”t that balance the budget? You have to find something besides cigeretts to tax.
28. Some municipalities “own” services (Cable TV, electricity). Size lets them offer better service + lower costs, still, profit & reduces taxes. Could others (with cost/benefit analysis) be encouraged to own/run similar local public services, it could reduce the draw of municipalities on the state. A statewide takeover of certain troublesome businesses? An Erie coke plant at odds with DER for pollution violations. Present choices are allow them to keep polluting, or shutdown, costing jobs. Third option: state to imminent domain the business, fix & operate, make its profits & keep jobs.
29. Close the State Run liquor stores, then open up sales licenses to private sellers, grocery stores and convenience stores. Charge them a large up-front licensing fee and require them a pay a percentage of their beer, wine and liquor sales to the state as a consumption tax.
30. Lets eliminate anyone conviced of a crime from receiving welfare and SSI. Put a limit on those claiming children with ADD to receive a benefit to 1 child. Make the State have a higher fine for criminals, and put the criminal in jail out to work the roads and clean up the State. If they are going to commit a crime- lets not make their time in jail a great time away from society- make them work, and work hard so they don’t go back.
Having your very own car can be a luxury that some people who do not have cars will not learn to appreciate. When you have your own car, you can leave home at any time to go to your destination without having to think of the schedule of public transport. Additionally, when you have a car, not only can you take several people with you, depending on your car’s capacity, but you also load some of the important stuff with you on your car and not worry about having to lug it around everywhere with you. Truly, a car has many advantages when compared to the disadvantage of owning one.
Of course when you have a car, it is important that you are responsible for it. Not only do you need to have it regularly maintained to make it road-worthy, but you also need to have it registered annually. Aside from this, it is crucial that you also acquire car insurance for it as protection, not just for your financial interest, but also for other people. This is because with the weight of the car and the speed it can travel, not being able to control it properly can lead to destruction of property, pedestrian injury, or even death.
Accidents can happen in a blink of an eye and no one is really prepared when an accident comes. The truth is that there is really no way of saying when an accident will happen. The best way of preparing for an accident is to have an auto insurance equipped for your automotive vehicle. That way if your car gets involved in any vehicular incident, you are protected from the financial liability that may be involved in the accident. However, since there are different types of car insurance coverage, it is important that the car insurance policy you get provides you with the best protection possible.
Getting car insurance can be quite confusing due to the many policies and additional that is available. Getting too little protection may save you money initially, but will not give you enough protection on the coverage that matters. On the other hand, getting too much coverage can be costly and is questionable if you really do need the other policies. For this reason, it may be wise to do some research of your own. After all, most of the information you need is now available in the internet so you may want to do some reading before going out to get your car insurance.
When getting car insurance, it is often better to go to car insurance brokers as they are not working for any insurance company. At Medicine Hat Car Insurance Brokers, they are affiliated with different insurance companies and therefore can provide you with the different insurance quotes provided by the insurance companies they are affiliated with. In addition to this, they are also very knowledgeable when it comes to insurance policies and they are more than happy to share what they know with you and explain it to you in words you can understand, and not the jargons or complex languages you normally hear from insurance agents.